In topics like the following, you’re going to run into the need to use statistics tables for things like confidence intervals and two-tailed hypothesis testing. And you might want to use Excel or Google Spreadsheets to make quicker and sometimes more accurate work of it:
- Better Understanding Continuous Distributions and Stochastic Modeling via the Normal Distribution
- Better Understanding Statistical Inference by Estimating the Mean and its Confidence Invervals
- Introduction to Hypothesis Testing by Example for Geospatial Contexts
This topic is designed to help you get a solid handle on using Excel and Google Spreadsheet functions like the following:
- NORMSINV() and NORMDIST()
- NORM.S.INV() and NORM.S.DIST() *
- TINV() and TDIST()
- T.INV() and T.DIST() *
as well as to teach you how to use common standard normal and t-distribution statistics tables and reconcile what they give you with the above functions.
* Note that Google Spreadsheets doesn’t support NORMS.S.DIST() or T.DIST().